Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WILD CARDS ~ SIMONE ELKELES



This is my first Simone Elkeles book, but it won't be my last.

I loved the dynamic between Ashtyn and Derek. The book drew me in and I went on a ride with the two main characters. Ashtyn has no one at home that is in her corner. Her father is distant and her mother left years before. She is a kicker for the high school football team.

Derek is drifting along after the loss of his mother, who he was very close to, and gets kicked out of his boarding school due to a prank he pulled at the high school graduation.

Derek's dad remarries and his new wife moves Derek to Chicago to her family home. From there the sparks fly between Ashtyn and Derek. Derek seems to keep a close eye on Ashtyn from a distance. He is the one looking out for her.

It is a wonderful book about family, friendship, football and love and loss.

Thoroughly enjoyed this book and gave it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment