Thursday, June 12, 2014

BEAUTIFUL INK ~ NICOLE REED


Where to start with this book. I asked a friend to read this with me and after the first chapter I wasn't sure I could continue.

This book starts off with a brutal first chapter. I hate to give up on books, so off I went to the second chapter where I was totally hooked on this book. It is something new for me, especially the motorcycle angle. I've been around motorcycles for years, but they have been BMWs and Jap Bikes. My foray into the Harley world and motorcycle clubs was a bit daunting.

This is my first book by Nicole Reed, but I can promise it won't be the last. I plan to devour all of her books. Sometimes I think I am quite naive when it comes to stuff in the real world, but this book woke me right up.

There were so many great characters and just as many evil characters.

Helen or Keller as she was later know as, was such a fun character. Her life was difficult, but she made it work for her. Bad things happened to her but she did not break. She had her best friend, Holden (Hold) and they were inseparable. Once a tragedy struck and her life was flipped over. The friendship she once shared with Hold changed.

Helen dug deep once again and developed a craft while Hold did his thing.

Ward, Hold's father was just an evil man. His wife, Sage, just wanted to make me punch her in the face. Making me hate a character for a reason is a sign of a great author.

The poem...."If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it does not come back, it was never meant to be." kept repeating in my head numerous times throughout this book.

I think I would have handled things differently than Helen did, but I just loved everything she did and said and even more specifically, the meaning behind her tattoos won me over.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this book! I can't wait for the next book in this series.

5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment