Sunday, November 25, 2018

MY LITTLE SECRET ~ EMBER LEIGH --> EXCERPT


MY LITTLE SECRET by Ember Leigh, a novella in The Breaking Series, is LIVE available everywhere. Get your copy NOW!

Title: MY LITTLE SECRET
Series: Breaking the Rules
Author: Ember Leigh
Genre: Sports Romance
Release Day: November 12


About MY LITTLE SECRET

HAWK
Focus is my middle name. But Sadie makes me forget why I’m in town, what I’m here to win, why it all matters. That alone should tell me to stay the hell away. But I need more of her, even though I know she’s hiding something from me.I’ll do anything to keep her by my side. Just how far I’ll go will be my little secret.

EXCERPT:

“Now I gotta tell you…” I swiped my key at room 909 and paused, stepping closer to her. “Or maybe I should warn you. Once you step inside this room…”

She lifted a brow.

“I’m going to kiss you.”

Her pink lips curved into a smile. “Only inside there?”

“I’ve wanted to since the bar. But I don’t like to make a display.”

Her gaze turned sultry and soft. “Fair enough. I’ll agree to that.”

I pushed the door open, and we both watched it swing back, revealing my suite—the tiny foyer and side table, the living area, the doorway leading to the bedroom. When our gazes met, it felt playful.

“You first,” I said.

“No, you.”

I grinned and then sauntered into the foyer. She watched me from the hallway for a moment, then strolled across the threshold. I caught her wrist when she walked by, kicked the door shut, and then brought her up against the wall.

I smoothed my palms against the wall on either side of her head. Her breath came out shaky, and before either of us said anything, I pressed my mouth against hers, tasting her sweet, chilly lips. My hand drifted to her neck as the first kiss turned into a second and then a third. She made a small noise, one that made me part her lips with my tongue, seeking more of her. She opened her mouth, and our tongues met, warm and seeking.

Something unhinged, and we kissed sloppily then, urgency taking over. My tongue dipped deep into her, tasting her, getting drunk on her bourbon and mint. I trailed my hands down the sides of her coat, searching out the curve of her body. I needed to feel the lines of her, the warmth of her skin, something.

She pulled away, pressing her head against the wall. “Holy hell.”

“You should take this jacket off, if it feels like holy hell in here,” I cracked, tugging at her zipper. “Can I take it off for you?”

“You can do anything you freaking want,” she said, lowering her hood. I unzipped the coat so it hung open, revealing the loose, dark top beneath, and then shed my own coat.

“Anything?” I pressed my lips to the curve of her neck, inhaling the sweet scent there. She smelled like vanilla and something exotic, something I didn’t even know how to place.

“I could revise my statement, but I don’t want to,” she said, voice sounding faraway as I trailed kisses over her jawline.

“Well, I should warn you then…”

She laughed throatily. “Another warning?”

“I can’t do more than kiss you.”

Sadie blinked. “That’s certainly not what you expect to hear in situations like these.”

I pushed her jacket over her shoulders until it rustled to the ground. I traced the outline of her body, over the swell of her hips. “My fight is two weeks away. I can’t get off.”

“Who says you need to?” A playful smile danced over her lips, and in that minute my heart swelled so big I wanted to jump and shout. Sadie was the fucking best.

“Exactly.” I dragged a thumb over her jawline, getting lost in those sparkling jade eyes. “But that doesn’t mean I can’t kiss you everywhere until you do.”





SADIE
I’ve had my eye on Hawk for a long time now. Let’s just call him my MMA celebrity dream lover. So when I find myself in Denver at the same time as him, at the same bar as him…I have to say hi. But I sure as hell shouldn’t take it any farther than that. Because he’s in town for one reason: to fight my brother in the biggest televised MMA match of the year.
I can be good… Except I can’t.

But maybe I can make Hawk my little secret.

Read for FREE in Kindle Unlimited

 


About Ember Leigh



Ember Leigh has been writing erotic romance novels since she was far too young. A native of northern Ohio, she currently resides near Lake Erie with her Argentinean husband, where they run an Argentinian-American food truck. In addition to romance novels, Ember also writes travel memoirs and occasionally updates a couple of blogs. In her free time, she practices Ashtanga yoga, hops around the world, and eats lots of vegetables.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads | Amazon

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment