Tuesday, June 4, 2013

PALLISADES PARK ~ ALAN BRENNERT




Any books by Brennert are must read books for me. This book was no exception. Although lighter in subject matter than the other two books I have read by him, I still felt as though I was a part of the book and not reading it, but living it.

Brennart's storys come alive and this book was no exception. I was expecting a story about Palisades Park and I got more than I bargained for. The development of the characters in this book was awesome. I felt as if I knew Toni, Eddie, Jack, Adele, Bunty, Irving and the rest of the cast personally. While detail oriented, every detail was required to get the feel of the book. I was actually shocked at the way the book detoured on other avenues, but it made the book all the better.

Being a "Jersey Girl" made the book even more special.

As quick as Brennert writes his books, I will read them. I am a definitely fan of his wonderful story telling.

5+ stars

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie! I have not heard of this author, but it sounds like I need to take note and add a book by Brennart to my list. I know nothing about Palisades Park as I am West Coast girl and I would certainly like to know more. Thanks for putting this on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have not read his books, you have no idea what you are missing. He does not have a lot of books out but they are so well written. I absolutely loved Moloka'i and Honolulu was awesome too. Let me know if you get to read any of his work.

    ReplyDelete