Friday, June 14, 2013

AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED ~ KHALED HOSSEINI



I had high hopes for this book since I absolutely loved the last 2 books.

After reading this book, I have to say I did not like it as much as his other two books, but it was still wonderfully written and a great read.

It differs in that it does not just focus on one person/family, but extended family. At times it was difficult to remember the cast of characters, but I think that had a lot to do with the names of the characters and not the plot itself.

As usual, the book tugged at my heartstrings and I loved learning about each and every character and piecing the puzzle together.

The book begins with a fable of a child being taken away from his family and that is what happens Pari and her brother Abdullah are separated and Pari eventually forgets that she had a brother in the end they are united, but not in the happily ever after way you would expect from a romance or even another type of book, you will need to read the entire book to find out how it ends.

This is a difficult book for me to rate. I would say it is a 4.5 star read, but giving it a 4 is too low, so I am upping it to a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment