Wednesday, July 16, 2014

LANDLINE ~ RAINBOWEL ROWELL


I received this at BEA and was excited since this was an author I was anxious to read. I'm aware that she is known for her YA books, but this book had a unique twist to it.

Georgie McCool is finally getting her big break, but will it come at the expense of her marriage. Just days before she is to leave on a Christmas Holiday trip to Omaha with her husband and children to visit her MIL, Georgie breaks the news to Neal that she can't go because she has to work toward her ultimate goal, her own pilot series.

I admit I was a bit lost at the beginning of this book until I had my "AHA" moment.

Loving the unique twist of using a landline vs. a cell phone, this book revolves around the relationship between Georgie and Neal and actually includes their dating years.

Georgie realizes her marriage has some trouble but when Neal goes to Omaha without her, she has to decide whether to save her marriage or her career. This book is filled with some raw and emotional issues as well as fun and clever "magic".

I definitely enjoyed this and would definitely read more by this author.

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment