Monday, August 4, 2014

ALLEGIANT ~ VERONICA ROTH


This third installment in the Divergent Trilogy made a huge buzz with readers. I actually put off reading it because of how unhappy everyone seemed to be with it.

I have to say that I absolutely loved the first book in the trilogy and it went a bit downhill for me. That is not to say that I would not have read the books, I absolutely would have.

I'll make this short and sweet without too many spoilers.

In this third book we learn so much more than the Factions. We learn there is life outside the walls and that it is not a peaceful place. A lot of things that were quirky in the first two books make more sense and at times I found it eye opening that things such as planes were introduced. I see why the author angered many readers, but sometimes a shake up is needed (as I bit my tongue not to say anything).

My favorite part of this was discovering the "secret" and the back story to how and why the Faction System was implemented.

My only remaining issue is what to rate this book.

I'm going with 4 stars but it is somewhere between 3.5 to 4

No comments:

Post a Comment