Thursday, June 12, 2014

THE WORLD OF DIVERGENT: THE PATH TO ALLEGIANT ~ VERONICA ROTH


I really enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I loved a lot of the beginning of the book where the author gave us some information on her thoughts.

Roth said being able to choose their own path, whatever it may be and to focus on their personal, moral obligations and to strive to be the best version of themselves they could be as well as king what to expect and having a clear purpose, a strong sense of group identity and belonging and that formed the 5 Factions. This is Tris' journey.

Having the Factions defined (even though I had already checked the dictionary when I first started to read the book) and seeing how the author went off the definitions was wonderful.

The choosing of a name coming from a religious prospective and being empowered by the name chosen was an eye opener.

There was even a section with questions and if you could see what Faction you would belong to.

Lastly having the Faction Manifestos laid out felt like I got more knowledge of the inner workings of the trilogy.

Overall, I'm glad I read this and enjoyed how it was not a book, but more of an outline of how the book was written.

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment