Monday, August 19, 2013

CRANK ~ ELLEN HOPKINS



This was one of those books I almost gave up on since it was a book in verse.  I listened to it on audio and was not enjoying it at all.  The longer I listened to the book, the more I enjoyed it and I am so glad I stuck with it.

This is the story of a good girl named Kristina who goes to visit her father in New Mexico and comes back a not so good girl as her alter-ego, Bree.  Bree is hooked on drugs, specifically, the Monster, lies to her family and makes very bad choices.

I would almost wish that all younger teens were "required" to read this in school as it gives in depth information, emotion and lessons learned throughout this book. The question is, do the choices me make define us or do we learn from them?

This is a very powerful, disconcerting book but the message came through loud and clear, but I thought the book was down to earth and relatable.

I would definitely recommend this book.


4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment