Monday, May 13, 2013

DADDY LOVE ~ JOYCE CAROL OATES



I think the beginning of this book managed to turn me off of it. I did not care for the first few chapters being told over and over. The subject matter of child predators is a difficult subject matter to begin with.

This is the story of Dinah, Whit and Robbie. Robbie is snatched from his mother's grip while looking for their car in the Mall parking lot. The abductor, Chester Cash is a part-time preacher and no one suspects that he is such an evil man with deep, dark secrets. The book at times made me cringe to see how sick this man was. The remainder of the book was how a marriage can fall apart and/or survive something so devastating.

I can't say that I hated the book, but I didn't love it either.

3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment