Sunday, April 14, 2013

MRS. LINCOLN'S DRESSMAKER



I thought that this book dragged on a bit for me.  I found the beginning of the book interesting and then it fell on it's face after the death of Mr. Lincoln.  It is funny how until I read a book like this I forget how much history I have forgotten and I feel like I'm back in high school with all the historical facts.

The beginning of the book wherein Elizabeth described being a slave, purchasing her freedom and becoming a dressmaker were interesting.  The development of her relationship to Mrs. Lincoln and being her dressmaker and confidant was even interesting, but after the death of Mr. Lincoln, the story started declining for me and I found my mind wondering instead of concentrating on the book.
I've heard great things about this author, but for me, this particular book was just okay.

3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment